Last Updated: Oct 26th, 2011
How to Organize a Clinic
Below is a checklist to help remind clinic organizers all of the logistics that they need to consider in order to ensure a smooth and successful event:
- Contact communtiy/school to confirm interest, venue and several possible dates for clinic.
- Identify a community contact who will be locally responsible for the event if you are unable to attend.
- Contact clinician to identify several possible dates.
- Once date is confirmed, please provide the following to our Executive Director, Lyric Sandhals:
- clinician's contact information so they can book appropriate flights
- recommendations for local accommodations
- agenda so that it can be posted on the NWT Soccer website
- the number and type of coaching manuals required ( 2 weeks in advance because of printing)
- the number and sizes of hoodies required
- suggested logitical details for delivery of manuals and hoodies
- Ensure that yourself or the community contact works with the clinician to develop an appropriate agenda for the weekend's events. Pass along either the generic agenda template or the more detailed agenda for the Community Coach Child & Youth or the Community Coach Senior clinic.
- Ensure that yourself or the community contact circulate the agenda to local schools and organizations for distribution and arrange for addtional advertising.
- Arrange for transportation for the clinician to and from the airport.
- Ensure that participants are registered online at www.nwtkicks.ca and collect any parental consent forms from participants younger than 18 years of age. You may wish to use the Clinic Registration Form to help get an idea of the number of participants in advance, although this form is not a substitute for individuals being required to register online.
- Fill out an activity report and any other required information following your event and submit to our Executive Director, Lyric Sandhals .