Yellowknife Adult Soccer League
Last Updated: Apr 16th, 2013
2013 YKASL Annual General Meeting
There is the Annual General Meeting for YKASL is next week: Wednesday, April 24 at 7pm at Northern United Place. The Board really encourages all members and interested members to attend. This is the best time to get your say in the league and get involved! The following is the agenda for the AGM:
1. Call to order and roll call
2. Adoption of agenda
3. Acceptance of minutes of previous Annual General Meeting and Business Arising
4. Presidents report
5. Financial report and approval of financial statements
6. Amendments to Constitution and By-laws (none proposed)
7. New Business (Teams fees for Outdoor Season; Update on Outfield Fields; and Endorsement from membership to move forward with a new website)
8. Election of Directors
The Yellowknife Adult Soccer League offers adults (16yrs old) an opportunity to play indoor and outdoor soccer in a recreational environment to keep up their skills, stay in shape, and have some fun.
FOR BOTH LEAGUE AND DROP-IN, ALL PLAYERS MUST:
- update their NWT Soccer profile/or register for the first time and select the affiliation "YKASL - INDOOR", DO NOT CREATE A 2nd ACCOUNT if you have forgotten your user name and/or password;
- pay your annual NWT Soccer membership fee (online or in person at Sport North);
- register on the League's website ( Click here to go to the YKASL website ) and ensure you choose your team from the drop-down menu or you will not show up on the game-sheet and won't be eligible to play. Drop-in players don't have to select a team.
Just wanted to remind everyone that as of Monday, January 14th, 'Monday Night Drop-In' goes from 8:00-9:30pm until the end of March. All YKASL Members are welcome and it's either $8 per night. We've added a few additional drop-in dates in April which are as follows: April 3rd and 10th from 9-10:30pm, April 17th from 8:00-9:30pm, April 23rd from 7:00-8:30pm, and April 30th from 8:00-9:30pm.
- When: Every Monday night from 8:00pm-9:30 (except during the holidays)
- Where: The Fieldhouse
- How much: $8/night
- How many: Cap of 27 people/drop-in session. First-come first serve for those that are just dropping-in as priority is given to folks who have paid fo rthe full season!
Please email krista at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to reserve a spot or if you have any questions and bring your money to your first drop-in session. Any cheques should be made out to "YKASL".
- At the beginning of each season, there is a mandatory Rules Clinic. Representatives from each team are required to attend or teams will forfeit a portion of their performance bond. All players should make themselves familiar with the League's Rules & Regulations prior to this session.
- Team captains should e-mail the Vice President, Ms. Mandy White, to give her their team name and the colour of their kits. Once this is done, your team will be able to register online.
- All players must be registered and ingood standing with the NWT Soccer Association. They can then visit the YKASL website, and, using the same user name and password, select which team they'll be playing for.
- Team captains must ensure all players are assigned a number and that there are at least three (3) individuals on the roster identified as captains.
- Teams requiring a coach (refer to the Rules & Regs) must email the President, Mr. Euan McLean via the 'Contact Us' page, to request approval for those individuals.
- The season runs from October 15, 2012 to March 29, 2013.
Who To Contact:
There are individuals within the YKASL who can help you. Please contact them using the 'CONTACT' page of the YKASL website:
- Looking for a team - contact Mandy White, YKASL Board Member.
- Not sure how to register with NWT Soccer - contact Lyric Sandhals, email@example.com or (867) 669-8396.
- Not sure how to register with the YKASL or assign yourself to your team - contact your Team Captain.
- Interested in refereeing or acting as a linesmen - contact Nick Rivet, Director of Referee Develolpment.
- Interested in playing drop-in or getting more information - email Krista and Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
A BIG THANK-YOU !!!
Mike Doyle has volunteered his time for more than 10 years to organize drop-in soccer during the fall and winter months for adults in Yellowknife. On behalf of NWT Soccer and the many players who have enjoyed Mike's drop-in sessions over the years, thanks for all your time and effort Mike!!!