Code of Conduct
Last Updated: Jun 20th, 2012
The Northwest Territories Soccer Association (NWTSA, NWT Soccer Association or the Association) supports fair play, sportsmanship and broad based participation and believes those members participating at Association activities or on behalf of the NWTSA, should respect this intent by following the Association’s Code of Conduct.
This Code of Conduct is an agreement that applies to all NWTSA members (athletes, coaches, officials and managers) who participate in events, leagues, tournaments and meetings, within, and outside of the NWT.
All participants in NWTSA events have a duty to encourage and maintain themselves in a “reasonable and acceptable” manner, and are obligated to avoid all unsportsmanlike conduct, acts or practices which are, in the opinion of NWTSA, not in the interest of the sport of soccer.
All members are expected to:
- Act as ambassadors for their local clubs, the NWT Soccer Association, and the NWT;
- Participate in competitions in the spirit of fair-play, cooperation and respect for others at all times;
- Respect competition rules, and NWTSA policies, agreements and decisions;
- Respect the rights of other Provincial/Territorial Associations and their members;
- Respect their opponents and the directions and decisions of the competition and other officials;
- Perform to their best ability in every competition and accept with pride the result their effort brings;
- Be gracious in victory and defeat;
- Regard participation in the Competitions as a privilege;
- Reside in the designated accommodation for the duration of the competition or event;
- Abide by the established curfews;
- Respect the ‘Clean Air’ policy (ban on smoking) at competition /event venues and facilities;
- Obey all federal laws, Territorial/Provincial laws of the Host Province/Territory and municipal by-laws, on alcohol consumption and illegal substance (drug) and tobacco use;
- Respect the zero tolerance policy for alcohol (acquiring, possession or consuming) for all members under the legal drinking age, and the responsible use of alcohol for those members of legal drinking age;
- Be punctual for all official functions and activities.
Members will not:
- Verbally or physically abuse other members of their team or participants (this includes volunteers and spectators) in the competition/event, on or off the field;
- Show disrespect to officials, coaches, other players, and spectators including the use of foul language and obscene or offensive gestures;
- Breach any of the Canadian Soccer Association, the NWT Soccer Association or the host committee competitions rules;
- Abuse, damage or destroy facilities or equipment;
- Fail to comply with rulings by officials, coaches, managers, or any other person in a position of authority or responsibility;
- Breach the requirements of the NWT Soccer Association’s and the Canadian Soccer Association’s Harassment Policies;
- Indulge in any other unreasonable conduct which brings the host committee, the NWT Soccer Association or the Canadian Soccer Association into disrepute, including but not limited to, activities which disturb or disrupt the peace, infractions of municipal, provincial or federal laws, the abusive use of alcohol, the non-medical use of drugs, tobacco, or the use of alcohol by minors.
Please click on the following link for a printable pdf version of the NWT Soccer Association's Code of Conduct.