Junior & Senior Super Soccer
Last Updated: Jan 28th, 2015
Super Soccer is a school tournament and is the largest soccer event within the Northwest Territories with more than 25 schools and 100 teams from around the territory participating each year. Please read the Information and Registration Package for Coaches and ensure it is signed and dated by your respective Principal.
Junior Super Soccer - April 24-27, 2014
Deadline to register is April 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM MST. To register, email Fraser Oliver
Senior Super Soccer - April 30- May 4, 2014
Deadline to register is April 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM MST. To register, email Fraser Oliver
Super Soccer Rules
All coaches should be aware of rule changes that will help align the Laws of the Game across both Senior and Junior Super Soccer tournaments as well as with all other indoor leagues and tournaments within the NWT.
- Firstly, any player can now enter the crease.
- Secondly, and more importantly, goalkeepers may not pick up the ball with their hands when it is received (passed-back) from an intentional FOOT PASS from a teammate. So yes, the goalkeeper can pick up the ball if a teammate intentionally passes to their keeper with another part of their body (e.g. chest, head, knee) or it accidentally goes off the players foot (e.g. so a one-time kick the player shanks).
Indoor Laws of the Game (updated April 18, 2013)
There are tournament rules specific to Super Soccer that you need to know:
- Player eligibility is determined is determined by their age on December 31st, 2012. The tournament whip may request proof of age at any time. Valid documentation includes photocopy of birth certificate, health care card, passport, or driver`s licence;
- For Jr. Super Soccer, it`s 4 players + a goalkeeper, for Sr. Super Soccer it`s 5 players + a goalkeeper;
- For Jr. Super Soccer, round-robin play is 2 x 20min halves, with a maximum of 5min half-time, with a 5min Golden Goal extra period. Playoffs where games end in a tie, will include 2 5min periods of extra time (Golden Goal), followed by 3 Penalty Kicks;
- For Sr. Super Soccer, round robin play is...
- If any player is ejected from a game (two cautions or sent off), the team DOES NOT play short a player and any additional suspensions will be determined by the tournament whip.
Any coaches who have questions about these two changes or any other rules, is encouraged to contact the NWTSA's Head of Referees, Mr. Nick Rivet. Also, if you are avilable to offer your skills as a referee or interested in developing your skills as a referee, please contact Nick Rivet.
For more information about Super Soccer, please contact Fraser Oliver at (867) 873-4888.